We give you the keys to find the most suitable model for your baby and your family.
Although portering is more than recommended, especially in the first 6 months of the baby, a stroller is also necessary and has a number of advantages: it provides a safer environment for the baby, safe from the sun and the weather, with a space of protection and a secure hold, allow you to go for long walks or running (there are specially designed chairs for this, you should not run with a normal stroller) with your baby in your stroller.
In the market, there are basically three models of strollers: the trio chairs (which combine carrycot for their first months, stroller and car seat), the multiple chairs (twins, for triplets, transformable …) or the light chairs (which they are used as of the first year). Although you can also find others, such as those designed for sports (with greater stability and protection than a normal walk).
But what should you consider when buying the stroller for your little one? These are the basic feature you should observe:
- Handlebar You can find chairs with handlebars in the form of a horizontal bar or two handles. Although the first can be more comfortable to carry the stroller (allows, for example, take it with one hand), the second allows the chair to occupy less space once folded.
- Brakes. There are in a single wheel, in both, which are activated from the handlebar, automatic … The main thing is that once the chair is set to remain motionless even on a slope.
- Adjustable footrest. The ideal thing for your circulation and postural hygiene is that when you use the stroller as a chair, keep your feet supported. A footrest that can be adapted to your child’s growth will ensure good posture.
- Upholstery. Ideally, it should be removable and washable, to ensure the best hygiene of the cart. It also has the type of material, especially in the area that will be in contact with your child. Look for soft and breathable material.
- Wheels. The main aspect that you should observe in the wheels is that they have a good diameter. The bigger the easier the transport will be the stroller and the better it will overcome the obstacles.
- Folding. Contemplate the dimensions when it is folded to know how much it will occupy in your house. In addition, a simple and safe mechanism that allows the chair to be easily folded and prevents accidental closing will be the best.
- Accessories. See which accessories the stroller comes with to save future purchases or use others that you already have. Sunshade, protective bubble, storage basket, carrier for your brother …
Also, keep in mind aspects of your lifestyle: Do you have an elevator? How do you move to? In public transport, by car, on foot …? Do you walk a lot? Do you like sports? Do you want me to accompany you from birth or just need a conventional stroller?